- Introduction to the voluntary sector
- Voluntary sector roles and pay
- Bringing your skills into the voluntary sector
- Finding your ideal role
By the end of the course you should have a better understanding of:
- the voluntary sector and available roles
- what role might suit your needs and skills
- how to go about finding it.
- Preview video is 2 mins and 19s (full course is over 30 mins long).
- Read a transcript for this preview video (Word, 23kb).
- To watch the rest of the videos in this course click on the 'Add to basket' button at the top of the page or get all our training from £9.99/month with our StudyPass subscription.
Upon purchasing this course you will be able to download:
- our voluntary sector quiz
- a comprehensive list of links for your voluntary sector job search.
Georgina has worked in both the private sector and public sector, before moving into the voluntary sector 6 years ago – as both a staff member and voluntary trustee. During her time at NCVO she has managed the Working for a Charity Programme – supporting people to transfer their skills from other sectors into the voluntary sector and promoting the sector as the fantastic career option it is. She is now a consultant at NCVO, directly supporting voluntary organisations to be effective and sustainable.
Click on the 'Add to basket' button at the top of the page to buy this course or get all our training from £9.99/month with our StudyPass subscription.
Got a question or need more help?
- If you've got a specific question about this course email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you're interested in face to face charity training, send an email to our consultancy team on email@example.com or have a look at the training courses .
- If you need more information on getting your first job in the voluntary sector you might find the 'Career reboot: getting a voluntary sector job in tough times' quite useful.
- If you're looking to set up a charity have a look at our course on 'Setting up a charity' delivered by someone who actually set one up.
StudyPass. All our training in one low-cost subscription
From as little as £9.99 a month you could get complete access to all the training material in the StudyZone with the StudyPass subscription. Find out more