- Preparing the recruitment
- Undertaking the recruitment
- The selection process
- Induction and evaluation
By the end of the course you'll be able to:
- undertake a board skills assessment
- create a trustee role description
- undertake a selection process
- create an induction program
- evaluate the recruitment process.
- Read a transcript of this preview video (Word, 24kb).
- This preview video is 2mins 42s (the full course is over 30 minutes long).
Here are some of the resources you can download upon purchase of this course:
- The trustee recruitment milestone plan
- Governing document checklist
- Board assessment matrix
- Board diversity review
- Sample trustee role description
- Application pack checklist
- Sample trustee application form
- Interview questions and criteria
- Formality and notification checklist
- Induction pack checklist
- Induction programme planner
Find out about your trainer
Myles Kunzli works at NCVO and provides consultancy and training with a focus on trustees, governance processes and leadership. He has over 15 years’ experience in the UK and Australian voluntary and community sectors in policy, management, governance and organisational development roles. This has been in both frontline organisations and membership bodies in the legal aid, human rights and health sub-sectors. An experienced trustee and chair of various social welfare organisations, Myles is currently a trustee of the LGBT Consortium of voluntary and community organisations.
Click on the 'Add to basket' button at the top of the page to buy this course or get all our training from £9.99/month with our StudyPass subscription.
If you need bespoke advice on any governance issues you are struggling with in your organisation get in touch with Myles via:
Get help recruiting a trustee
- Trustees Unlimited offers voluntary organisations a professional and cost-effective service to recruit trustees from across the private, public and voluntary sectors.
- NCVO's Trustee Bank offers a free service to all voluntary sector organisations to view trustee vacancies. If your organisation is an NCVO member you can sign in or create an account and post a trustee vacancy for free.
Need more courses on governance?
We've got a whole range of video courses for trustees and chairs. Buy a course from £8.99 or get access to them all with a StudyPass subscription from £9.99 a month.
- The board appraisal toolkit: self-assessment for chairs and trustees
- Make your board effective: the role of chairs, trustees and CEOs
- Strategy made easy: simple steps to producing your strategic plan
- Organisational values: how to practise what we preach
Most of the content in this course has been adapted from the NCVO 'Good Practice in Trustee Recruitment' toolkit put together by Ruth Lesirge, Rosalind Oakley and Joanie Spears.
StudyPass. All our training in one low-cost subscription
From as little as £9.99 a month you could get complete access to all the training material in the StudyZone with the StudyPass subscription. Find out more