Through this practical four part course, funded by the Cabinet Office, you will learn how to influence decision makers and commissioners. We will support you in defining your approach, identifying your target audience and evaluating your progress.
- What you want to influence and why
- Who you want to influence
- Connecting with decision makers and commissioners
- Communicating and tailoring your message
By the end of the course you will:
- feel confident about putting together a plan of action for influencing
- get more clarity on your target audience
- be able to tailor your message as appropriate and evaluate your progress.
- Preview video is 3 mins (full course is over 30 minutes long).
- Read a transcript for this preview video (Word, 50kb).
Once you have watched the preview video click on the links below to access the full four parts of this course for free. If you're not logged in or you've never registered with us you will be prompted to do so. Registration is free.
Racheal Jones is the Social Growth Programme Manager at Knowsley Community and Voluntary Services, a local infrastructure organisation in Merseyside. She has worked in the voluntary sector for 20 years, over 6 of them with infrastructure organisations successfully influencing new approaches to strategic partnerships and collaborative working in Knowsley. She has also established an independent Third Sector Consortium which has secured contracts to the value of £400K within its first 2 years. Racheal has influenced and successfully positioned the social sector to secure resources and has had lead roles in collaborative strategic programmes in the locality, including HeadStart.
Need more courses?
We've got over 50 video training courses to choose from as well as lots of toolkits and templates to go with them. You and your team could get access to all from only £9.99/month with our StudyPass subscription.