- What good volunteer management is
- Practical skills for volunteer managers
- Reward and recognition
- What should be in your toolbox
- An understanding of what makes a good volunteering experience for volunteers
- An understanding of the key practical skills volunteer managers need to manage volunteers effectively
- Knowledge of ways you can reward and recognise your volunteers
- Knowledge of how to resolve difficult situations should they arise
- Knowledge of where to find further practical support for volunteer management
- Preview video is 2mins and 29s (full course is over 30 minutes long).
- Read a transcript for this preview video
- To watch the rest of the videos in this course click on the 'Add to basket' button at the top of the page or get all our training from £9.99/month with our StudyPass subscription. NCVO members can access all of our Studyzone courses for free - if your organisation is an NCVO member, just create an account, log-in and join your organisation.
At the end of this course we'll sign-post you to:
- useful overviews of the various aspects of volunteer management
- quick guides on the core areas
- sample policies and guidance
- other useful resources and networks.
Jarina Choudhury is NCVO’s volunteering development consultancy officer. She has six years hands-on experience of coordinating volunteers in a variety of ages, roles and settings, including refugee and migrant volunteers, and office based and event volunteers.
Her volunteer management duties include developing volunteer-led policies, creating roles, recruitment and retention, gaining effective participation of volunteers, equality and diversity, and safeguarding.
She has developed volunteering events for corporate volunteers from Bank of America, Merrill Lynch and the Discovery Channel.
She currently volunteers for Voluntary Service Overseas recruiting and International Citizen Service, where she assesses volunteer suitability.
Click on the 'Add to basket' button at the top of the page or get all our training from £9.99/month with our StudyPass subscription. NCVO members can access all of our Studyzone courses for free - if your organisation is an NCVO member, just create an account, log-in and join your organisation.
Got a question or need more help?
StudyPass. All our training in one low-cost subscription
From as little as £9.99 a month you could get complete access to all the training material in the StudyZone with the StudyPass subscription. Find out more