1. NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit - terms and conditions for online purchases
In these terms and conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings, unless otherwise stated:
(i) The website – NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit website at www.knowhownonprofit.org
(ii) Registered user – individual who has registered on the NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit website
(iii) Item or items – downloadable reports and online training events
(iv) Point of sale - the time at which an item is made available for download and a registered user confirms their intention to purchase the item.
1.2 NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit operates an online platform to support the training and development of the voluntary and community sector.
1.3 NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit is part of the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO). For the purposes of commercial activity, NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit trades through NCVO.
1.4 The following terms and conditions relate to the purchase of online training courses via the website www.knowhownonprofit.org and must be accepted to enable access to these courses.
1.5 These terms and conditions for online purchases should be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions related to the use of the website, the copyright statement and NCVO’s privacy and data protection statements.
1.6 NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time without prior notification.
2. General conditions
2.1 All items purchased are for the sole use of the registered user or subscriber (individual or organisational) as the case may be, and are for private and domestic use only. The registered user undertakes not to copy, distribute, share or otherwise broadcast any items purchased from NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit
2.2 All details provided through the site for the purposes of purchasing items are correct at the time of purchase.
2.3 All communication with NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit in respect of the purchase of items should be done through the site or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.4 As part of the registration process, all users must define a username, provide a valid email address and create a password. It is the responsibility of the registered user to ensure that every effort is made to keep the registration details secure and not to disclose them to anyone. Usernames cannot be transferred and registered users must not permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone other than themselves to use their username and password for the purchase of items.
2.5 It is the responsibility of the registered user to keep the username, password and contact details up-to-date.
2.6 These terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects by English law as if the contract was wholly entered into and wholly performed within England. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
3. Conditions of order processing
3.1 Items may be purchased using the following credit / debit cards: Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, Switch and Visa.
3.2 Items are generally available from their release date; occasionally, technical reasons may result in a delay to registered users being able to access the item. NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit will make all reasonable endeavours to resolve any technical issues as soon as possible.
3.3 Credit / debit cards are debited at point of sale as defined in clause 1.1(v). Any delay to the registered user's access to the item for technical reasons will be dealt with as outlined in item 3.2.
3.4 Prices quoted on the site are inclusive of VAT and represent the price that will be charged to the registered user’s credit or debit card at point of sale.
3.5 The contract is formed between NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit and the registered user at the point of sale and will be confirmed by email to the address supplied through the site. This confirmation email amounts to our acceptance of your offer to purchase the item.
3.6 Whilst NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of prices on the site, errors may occur. NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit will use their best endeavours to correct any errors as soon as possible and to notify registered users of any amendments where such amendment affects their purchase of an item. The registered user will be given the option to cancel their order or to reconfirm the purchase of the item at the amended price. NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit is under no obligation to fulfil a purchase order for an item which was advertised at the incorrect price.
3.7 Purchased items are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable except where the registered user can prove that the item was wrongly described or was incorrectly supplied.
3.8 Any item which is found to be damaged or incomplete should be notified to NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit by email to email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than 14 days after point of sale. NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit will take reasonable steps to provide an amended item within 14 days of notification or refund the cost of the item.
3.9 It is the responsibility of the registered user to submit refund claims within 14 days of point of sale. Refunds will be at the discretion of NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit and will be re-credited to the debit / credit card originally used for the purchase of the item. Such refunds will be processed within 14 days of receipt of the claim. NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit reserves the right to refuse a refund and their decision is final.
3.10 Registered users are able to cancel the purchase of an item prior to the point of sale, in which event no debit from the credit or debit card will be made by NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit.
3.11 Once the item has been made available to the registered user, cancellations will not be accepted unless covered by clause 3.7 above.
3.12 NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit accepts no liability beyond a refund of the cost of the item.
4. Studypass – terms and conditions
- Studyzone – the area of the website which enables the online video-based training courses to be promoted, displayed, sold and purchased. See www.knowhownonprofit.org/studyzone
- Studypass – the subscription service which enables paid up subscribers to access all online video-based training courses within Studyzone for the duration of their subscription. See www.knowhownonprofit.org/studypass
- Trainer – the individual with expert knowledge on a topic of interest to the voluntary and community Sector who delivers the training session(s)
- Subscriber – an individual or organisation who pays a regular amount to NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit to access the online video-based library of training
- “Access” or “Accessing” means viewing, using, downloading the content or otherwise obtaining information on the Site.
- Studypass is designed to help all individuals and organisations working in the non profit sector. NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit hereby grants each subscriber a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to access the content and information available on Studyzone according to the provisions contained herein, and subject to the payment of the applicable subscription fees and adherence to these Terms.
- Subscribers, whether individual or organisational, may not use the account, user name or password of someone else at any time, nor should they share their log in details with another person. Subscribers agree to notify NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit immediately of any unauthorized use or loss of their account, user name, password and/or credit card information. Subscribers also agree to notify NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit immediately if they are aware of or suspect other unauthorized use of Studyzone and/or the Studyzone content. NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit will not be liable for any loss that subscribers incur as a result of someone else using their user name and password with or without their knowledge. Subscribers may be held liable for any losses incurred by NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents or representatives due to someone else’s use of their account, user name or password.
- Individuals belonging to any non profit organisation, such as a charity or a social enterprise, and wishing to access the platform together with their colleagues should purchase an organisational membership which gives multiple users access to Studyzone. Organisations should choose their subscriptions depending on the number of staff within the organisation.
- Subscribers can cancel their subscription at any time; instructions will be activated from the next renewal date. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless cancelled before the renewal date. Subscribers will still be able to watch all the courses until the date their subscription runs out and no refund for the period between cancellation and de-activation is offered. Should subscribers change their minds before this date, they can reactivate their subscription by logging in to the site and changing their subscription details via their personal profile.
- NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit reserves the right to withdraw subscription from any individuals or organisations that breach these terms and conditions. By using Studypass, subscribers agree that they have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions. They also agree to review this agreement periodically to be aware of modifications to the agreement. Their continued use of Studypass will be deemed your conclusive acceptance of any modified agreement.
4.4 Contacting Studyzone trainers
- Subscribers can only get in touch with trainers to ask questions about the course or request consultancy services for a fee. For the aforementioned purposes NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit has provided trainers’ e-mail addresses on the page of their training course.
4.5 Payment and pricing
- NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit reserve the right not to accept or process your order for any reason. All orders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your payment card issuer. If we do not accept your order and your credit/debit card has already been debited, we will notify you and refund your card in full immediately.
- NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit use the personal and transactional information (e.g. name, address, e-mail address, credit card details) subscribers supply only in order to fulfil their subscription order, unless they state otherwise. NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit will retain subscribers personal contact details within its database for the purposes of marketing and other notifications related to their subscription. Subscribers credit card details are not retained by NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit but are passed to the external payment processor, SagePay.
- NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit may increase subscription fees for a subsequent subscription period at any time and for any reason, however, subscribers will be given at least thirty (30) calendar days’ notice prior to the expiration of their subscription and will be asked to sign up for a new subscription at the new billing amount.
- NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit endeavours to provide the highest quality content to its subscribers. To that end, NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, or discontinue any aspect or feature of Studyzone in whole or in part, including, without limitation, the content, availability, access and/or the Terms of this Site. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which notice may be made by posting such changes on this site.
4.6 Subscribers must not:
- copy, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, redistribute, republish, alter, create derivative works from, assign, license, transfer or adapt any of the software, information, text, graphics, source code or HTML code, or other content available on Studyzone.
- remove or modify any copyright, trademark, legal notices, or other proprietary notations from the content available on Studyzone.
- transfer Studyzone content to another person; “frame,” “mirror,” “in-line link,” or employ similar navigational technology to the site content; or “deep link” to the site content.
- Subscribers are solely responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient and compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and internet service necessary for use of Studyzone.
5. Intellectual property, copyright notices and logos
5.1 For the purposes of these terms and conditions, Intellectual Property means patents, rights to inventions, copyright and related rights, rights in goodwill or to sue for passing off, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database rights, trade marks, trade names and domain names, rights in confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) whether registered or unregistered and including all applications (or rights to apply) for, and renewals and extensions of, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which may now or in the future subsist in any part of the world.
5.2 Intellectual Property appearing on the site which is the copyright of NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit, the Big Lottery Fund or of the author asserting copyright as it appears alongside the publication, must not be used, distributed, sold, adapted or reproduced in any medium without licence.
5.3 The use of the Big Lottery Fund logo indicates that the Intellectual Property was developed with funding from the Big Lottery Fund and that NCVO has been granted a licence to use the Big Lottery Fund material.
5.4 The use of the NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit logo indicates that the material was developed from the resources of the NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit organisation.
5.5 Clauses 5.1 to 5.4 are in addition to the information held in NCVO Knowhow Nonprofit’s copyright statement.