- The Good Trustee Guide, NCVO
- A complete list of Charity Commission online guidance and publications including:
- Guidance from the Regulator for Community Intersest Companies
- Info pages from the membership bodies Social Enterprise UK and Cooperatives UK
- NCVO's KnowHow NonProfit's Study Zone has two short training videos: Setting up a charity and Setting up a social enterprise
- Trustee training pack - online tools for trustees, chairs and CEOs
- The essentials of charity finance
Legal advice and assistance
- LawWorks is a charity which aims to provide free legal help to individuals and community groups who cannot afford to pay for it and who are unable to access legal aid.
- NCVO have partnered with BWB solicitors to bring GetLegal - a website providing legal documents and other support for charities and social enterprises. The help for new organisations section outlines the legal journey and has a handy decision tool to help you decide the best legal form.
- Find a solicitor locally or in a specific area of expertise (e.g. charity law) using the Law Society's find-a-solicitor function
- Funding Central is a free website for organisations with an income under £100k, providing access to thousands of funding and finance opportunities, plus a wealth of tools and resources supporting organisations to develop sustainable income strategies appropriate to their needs.