Thinking of setting up a charity? Wondering where to start or if it is even the right option for you? This course will help you go through the decision-making process, giving you unique insight into the early stages of setting up a non profit from the point of view of a charity founder. It’s packed with useful tips and personal stories that will inspire you on your own journey.
- Should you or shouldn't you set up a charity?
- First steps in making your charity legal
- Choosing and working with trustees
- What to bear in mind once you're up and running
By the end of the course you will:
- feel empowered to decide if setting up a charity is the right choice for you
- understand the legal process of setting up a charity
- feel confident about choosing your trustees
- establish a strong foundation on which to build your vision.
Video one: The 'should you or shouldn't you' dilemma
Video two: Making it all official
Video three: Choosing and working with trustees
Video four: What to bear in mind once you're up and running
About the trainer
Lucy graduated from Royal Holloway University of London in 2003. She worked at Marie Curie Cancer Care and FSID for three years before travelling to Africa in 2006. While in Africa she decided to volunteer at an orphanage for four months. It was her experience there that prompted her to found Msizi Africa, a charity providing food and shelter for children in Africa. Starting with the original fifty children she met at her orphanage, she has expanded the charity which now cares for over 1,000 children.
Click on the 'Add to basket' button at the top of the page to buy this course or get all our training from £9.99/month with our StudyPass subscription.
Need more help?
Please discuss further training opportunities with Lucy via:
Useful links to further resources: